The Palais des Sports & des Congrès – Sports Centre
The Palais des Sports et des Congrès has activities galore some of which are especially adapted for children:
- 1 special climbing lesson per week for 6-7 year olds (Please note! Numbers are limited)
- Climbing lessons are available for age 8 and over
- Archery lessons (age 8+)
- Air rifle lessons (from age 10)
- Football tournaments are organised for 8-12 year olds
- A bouldering room (climbing) is accessible for children to try the activity (from age 13+)
- The paddling/kiddies pool at the indoor swimming pool will thrill tiny tots who love a splash!
The Palais des Sports & des Congrès, also has a family-friendly area which has:
- A ballpool pit
- A mini-golf course
- A jorky-ball court
- Fun wooden games
For holidays, build and tailor the PREMIUM card to fulfil all whishes and fit in with all budget, for children and parents !
The purchase of a PREMIUM Card also includes :
- loan of equipment at the Sports and Convention Centre (see conditions at the reception area),
- 50 % off classical music concerts at the Notre-Dame des Neiges Church,
- loan of books at the library / multimedia library,
- reductions on guided tours and creative workshops,
- reductions on tickets to the ‘Cinéma Le Palais’.
With the PREMIUM card, enjoy professional help and guidance for all these activities !
- family pack for swimming pools,
- multi pack of 10 entrance tickets valid for the swimming pool and the ice rink,
- family rates with avec 10% off with the PREMIUM card,
- special rates for children under 16,
- free for children under 5.
An adventure jungle style gym where no harness are needed at 8m off the ground in the Sports and Convention Center.
An open-air ice rink
The open air ice rink in Alpe d’Huez offers also offers plenty of fun activities for children who love sliding around :
- Sledges are available for parents so that little ones can sit down to get a feel for the ice or so that they can learn how to skate while pushing the sledges
- Ice skates can be rented starting at size 23 (from age 3+)
- For some original activities, there are curling tournaments and human curling, from age 13
- Special ‘LOL’ teen evenings are organised for ages 12 to 15.
- Private or group skating lessons are available
- Several times a week (timetable on request), a snow play garden is set up on the ice rink.
The heated outdoor swimming pool
The heated outdoor pool has a large pool for swimming as well as a smaller pool:
- Accessible from age 3 months
- Purchase or rental of swimsuits/swim caps at the reception
- Private swimming lessons available on request
The resort has sledging zones for the young and the not so young!!
- Below the Grandes Rousses cable car (access via the DMC1) : sledge with brakes and helmet obligatory (not provided)
- A groomed and maintained sledging area which is reserved for little kiddies has opened in the Bergers area (between the Marmottes 1 and the Romains lifts). An equipped 20m wide slope which is 50m long means that it is really safe to go up and down
- 4 season toboggan run – Bergers area – offers 1 km long luge alpine coaster (floodlit) : bends, jumps, waves, flip-flap, tunnels … is accompanied by virtual reality (as an option) !
Library and multimedia library
Everyone is welcome free to borrow document (books and DVD).Entertainment planned throughout the year : shows for younger audiences, meetings, conferences, exhibitions, …
Huez and Oisans Museum
Entrance for free ! Exhibitions, events, conferences, workshops and temporary exhibitions are regulary planned.